Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January SOTM - Cross-Stitch Wishes

Welcome to the January Stamp of the Month (SOTM)
Blog Hop! 
 Check with your consultant to get this thirteen stamp set - Cross-Stitch Wishes!

If you came here from Judy Burger's Blog  you are on the right track. If you would like to see a complete list of SOTM bloggers click here. We have approximately fifty consultants who have projects to share with you.

Here are the two cards I made this month:

As soon as I saw this stamp set, I knew I would be making adjustments to some of the stamps [or cutting them apart ;o) ]

Here is a closer look at the first card:
For this one I cut the heart from the bottom of "You are the BEST" saying.  I then used this stamp to make the background offset heart using Hollyhock ink.  The LOVE saying and hearts were then inked with markers and stamped on a scrap piece of paper.  The edges were inked with Hollyhock and mattings of holly hock and black were used to complete the card.  The saying is popped up with 3-D Foam Tape.  I was inspired to make this card by a Heart You design by Angeline Yong Jeet Leen.
 
And the second card . . .

The background 'cross-stitch' design was created by separating the top cross-stitching from the "SEW special" rectangle stamp.  I then drew my diamonds on a plain card very lightly with pencil and stamped just the cross stitching with black.  Once the lines were established I then used the heart (same one as for the first card) and stamped in Hollyhock, placinb the point of the heart in each corner of the diamonds.  I then cut the round flower from the stem and leaves.  Using the flower I stamped using honey ink, placing flowers in the center of each diamond.  I then cut one ribbon from the clothesline and used pear to stamp the ribbon between the hearts.  The saying is a simple XO in black and the edging is the first two rows of the heart top, inked in hollyhock and stamped around the entire base.  The mats are black, hollyhock and honey with the Saying popped up with 3-D tape.  The final touch is a large bow using the Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and the ends around the inside of the card.
 
Continue enjoying more ideas, using this stamp set, by joining Mary Eisen  at her blog.

14 comments:

  1. Oh . . . my . . . goodness!! I am awestruck! I LOVE both of these cards! Who else would have thought to stamp a big heart with little hearts!! Awesomely Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to stamp the small hearts in the pattern of a large heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cards are so pretty and unique. I will definitely try that background stamping. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your second card. Love the background stamping and the color combo...so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! This is amazing what you have done with this stamp set!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Just wow! Cutting the stamp. Creating the heart with the stamp. The not-so-random stamping to create a beautiful and bright background. Amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the patterned you created! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have created!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really creative use of the stamp set...cutting your own X and cross stitching your own designs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback - it helps me grow!