Monday, June 30, 2014

July STOM Blog Hop

Welcome to the July Stamp of the Month (SOTM)
Blog Hop! 


 Check with your consultant to get this 68 stamp set - Circus Alphabet

If you came here from Nancy Womersly's Blog  you are on the right track. If you would like to see a complete list of SOTM bloggers click here. We have over forty consultants who have projects to share with you.

Although this is a font set, my objective was to use the stamps for something other than words.  


I used planned random stamping starting with an X on each image.  the first image is cocoa stamped letters on a hollyhock background.  Once I had an area stamped, I cut it out in a circle and then used the corner rounder to create a scalloped edge.  I then affixed a label with ribbon and stamped Happy Bday.

The second card was initially created the same as the first except I stamped on White card stock and then colored the letters.  I also created two images so I could stack them and create a flower.  The other embellishments were created with Cricut and Art Philosophy Cartridge.
Once I had the flower image laid out, I stamped HAPPY bIRtHdaY, in cocoa, in the lower right hand corner.  Below is a detail image:

Continue enjoying more ideas, using this stamp set, by joining Judy Burger at her blog.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting take on using that stamp set.
    I do prefer the second card, the colored letters add so much more to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way of showing how to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very interesting and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that you enjoyed playing with this stamp set. Great creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative use of the letters.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your feedback - it helps me grow!